Breastfeeding Coalition Tasmania brings together many groups interested in creating a more supportive environment for breastfeeding. We do this by advocating for better facilities, support and protection for breastfeeding.
Tasmania has the best breastfeeding rates in Australia.
Breastfeeding is the normal way to feed babies in Tasmania.
Every mother in Tasmania has the opportunity and support to breastfeed.
Working together to protect, promote and support breastfeeding in Tasmania.
We use a collaborative partnership approach.
- Australian Breastfeeding Association, Tasmania Branch
- Australian Medical Association, Tasmania
- Australian Society of Independent Midwives
- Baby Friendly Tasmania Reference Group
- Calvary Health Care Tasmania
- Child Health and Parenting Service, Department of Health and Human Services
- Child Health Association Tasmania
- Department of Education Tasmania
- Department of Premier and Cabinet, Communities, Sport and Recreation
- Diabetes Tasmania
- Dietetic Department, Royal Hobart Hospital
- Division of Women’s and Children’s Services, Launceston General Hospital
- Eat Well Tasmania
- Glenorchy City Council
- Good Beginnings Australia, Tasmania
- Hobart Private Hospital
- Lactation Consultants of Australia and New Zealand
- Lactation Consultants, Maternity Unit, Royal Hobart Hospital
- Launceston Birth Centre
- National Association of Child Birth Educators Tasmanian State Branch
- North West Private Hospital
- Oral Health Services Tasmania, Department of Health and Human Services
- Pharmaceutical Society Australia, Tasmanian Branch
- Physical Activity and Community Nutrition Unit, Department of Health and Human Services
- Tasmanian Aboriginal Centre
- Tasmanian Early Years Foundation
- The Lactation Network
- Uniting Church in Australia, Synod of Victoria and Tasmania
- University of Tasmania